CDS examination is one of the modes to get into the Army, Navy and Air Force. The marks of CDS exams are scaled down to 100 to make the ultimate merit list.
Though, SSB (Service Selection Board) interview for the CDS candidates are not similar to the direct entry candidates. Candidates aspiring for CDS are expected to be more thoughtful, having serious knowledge. The level of knowledge of a CDS applicant appearing for SSB interview is usually more than those stepping in as direct entries. The candidates who have cleared CDS exams would be waiting for their SSB call now. You can prepare easily for SSB interview through CDS Coaching Classes in Thane and areas of Andheri & Borivali in Mumbai.
In this blog, we will give best tips for the candidates on what to do in the in the meantime and how to effectively prepare for CDS SSB interview.
- Begin your preparations by running every day.
CDS guys are considered as ‘padhakoo guys’ who may not be physically fit. Physical fitness does not actually play a very significant role in SSB interview for an average healthy youth, but running habitually helps you to uphold a sense of self-discipline and motivation.
- Improve your thinking by being more realistic.
Think of each situation in your life as SRT (Situation Realistic Test) and how will you react to it. Every word you read on a billboard or an advertisement you see, try to frame a positive sentence out of it.
- Begin spending extra time with your friends/colleagues.
This will advance your social skills and make you confident individual. The moment you are in the group – think of each discussion as a GD/GPE and exercise how will you achieve in the real GD/GPE. Just do not let anybody in the group understand about it as that is most natural self they can discuss about it.
- Ensure that you read newspapers and current affairs.
There are adequate articles in the newspaper via which you can practice your TAT (Thematic Apperception Test) and have concepts for stories.
- Introspect yourself.
Recognize your strengths and weaknesses. It is to be noted that understanding your weakness is more vital than understanding your strengths. That’s what distinguishes an intelligent man from others. Do not have a feeling that you don’t have any weakness – there is no ideal candidate.
After Getting Your Call Letter:
- Learn the SSB procedure inside out. Learn about every test you are going to give. If you are a repeater and not endorsed, do not remember that you are a repeater (except from writing in PIQs). Study from your earlier mistakes, and achieve now.
- The primary thing after you receive your call letter is to book your train tickets to evade travelling in Waiting List. Have a printout of ticket in case you have to claim travelling allowance.
- Sort all your documents as printed in the call letter. Ensure you do this on the day of getting the call letter. If you’re a student, you ought to get annexures signed (as specified) and show certificates (if originals are in college/company).
- Revise your theoretical knowledge. This shows that you are accountable enough to attend college/school and have an understanding to hold your subject knowledge.